Wednesday 5 March 2014

Self-esteem

As most people know, self-esteem rules our lives. Self-esteem is that wonderful aspect that comes in with adolescence, (along with the masturbation and the periods) that rules what we do, how we act, what we say...
It's practically the Hitler of puberty.
Now, self-esteem can be VERY HIGH, VERY LOW, or you just have a balanced self-esteem which is just like, "meh, let's just follow the crowd."
A very high self-esteem helps with confidence and feeling good about oneself, but this leads to vanity in most cases, and bitchiness, third degree rude girling, oh, and just being an incompetent, snarky teenager. Of course, these people are always very popular and very, very hot most of the time.
A balanced self-esteem is normally in people who don't really have opinions. They just go with whatever the high esteemed people say. This leads to what I like to call sheepism. I can't imagine a duller existence.
And then there is the low self-esteem. This is normally the reason people are self-concious, nervous, and, of course, depressed. I, being a slightly low self-esteemed person, understand what it's like to go through depression. At times, I look in the mirror and see an ugly, chubby girl looking back at me. And I do not know if that is an illusion or if it is the truth. Because people lie. They will say you're nice when you look terrible. Or they mean it. You just cannot tell the two apart. Basically, I have a case of dysmorphism.
Dysmorphism effects many people. I have been told by the love of my life that I am thin, and beautiful. But why do I not believe him? Because with low self-esteem, some people get bullied, or insulted.
And no one realises this is why we commit suicide. We cannot take life with this problem anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment