Sunday 2 March 2014

Cracking under the pressure

School.
Work.
Sport.
Social life.
Creative activities.
Reading.
Oh, and you have two essays. Due tomorrow. In two different languages.
That's what most high school and university students are going through right now. Everyone just EXPECTS that you can keep up. Well, let me tell you, IT ISN'T THAT SIMPLE!
I take 12 subjects. Two of those subjects are languages, seven are mathematical, historical or scientific, and three others are artistic. I have two tests left this term. Life Sciences and Drama.
Most people would expect Drama to be easy.
YOU ARE SOOOOOOO WRONG!
We had to write out a 13 page essay, and that is what we have to study. For fifty percent of our term mark. A test. THIS FUCKING WEEK!
Theatre Spaces, Ancient theatres, Medieval, Renaissance, Industrial Revolution AND Modern Theatre.
But the problem is, that parents or teachers or professors still expect you to be social, athletic, and academically active. AND they want you to get eight hours of sleep. I haven't slept for SIX hours in WEEKS. No wonder sports are killing me.
I, being a magician, a fencer, a writer AND a well rounded academic pupil (well, at least I like to think that), have a really hard time keeping up. It's insane.
Oh, there's also the fact that I have to live with an annoying family, little siblings, terrible bitches that insult me, AND because I'm a girl, there's the whole, body hair and periods problem.
Yep.
I think boys are actually luckier during adolescence. I'm not saying they have it easier, but they do.
Yeah, that's where I was getting to.
-The Galactic Piperinsanity

1 comment:

  1. You forgot fixed and moveable stages. And you said I mustn't stress.

    ReplyDelete